Summer Internship Housing
The University of Denver (DU) is now accepting applications for Summer 2019 Internship Housing.
Applications will be accepted until 12:00 PM (MST) on May 23, 2019 or until all spaces are filled, whichever occurs first. Before completing the Internship Housing Application please review the following important information. The application will be available in March. If you have questions, please contact Conference & Event Services at 303-871-4381 or email@example.com.
Housing is available starting at 3:00 pm on Saturday, June 22nd until 10:00 am on Sunday, August 4th. DU cannot accommodate any guests outside of this time period.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be enrolled at a college or university in the United States;
- Participate in an internship, academic or athletic program located within 50 miles of Denver, CO;
- Stay for a minimum of 30 nights within the available dates above;
- Pass a background check prior to move-in date.
Internship Housing guests will reside in Centennial Towers, located at 1770 S Williams St., Denver, CO 80210. The building offers the following housing options, subject to availability:
- Single bedroom in shared suite
- Double bedroom in shared suite
The University has two dining halls dedicated to preparing food you can feel good about, featuring responsibly sourced ingredients classified as ‘real’ food that is local, fair, humane and/or ecologically sound. Guests can pre-purchase one or both types of meal plans to use during their stay:
30 breakfasts in either dining hall
30 dinners in either dining hall
*Dining Hall openings may vary according to occupancy.
Unused meals are nonrefundable
- Bedroom furniture: twin XL bed, dresser, desk, and closet
- Apartment furniture: kitchen table, and chairs
- Appliances: Refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, and dishwasher
- Utilities (no extra cost): Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, electricity, and water
- Building Amenities (extra costs apply): Laundry room, games and activities, convenience items for sale and permitted covered parking
- Bedding, pillows, and sheets (size twin XL for best fit)
- Towels, and toiletries
- Laundry bag and HE laundry detergent
- Cleaning supplies
- Television (cable is not provided) and personal electronics (e.g. laptop, printer, etc.)
- Pots, pans, plates, cups, and utensils
- Small appliances (e.g. toaster, coffee maker, etc.)
Whenever possible, students are encouraged to pay the initial Deposit with a credit card which we may keep on file to process future payments. Housing Fees are due in advance on the first business day of each month. For example, a student staying from June 22 – August 4, 2019 will have the following payment schedule:
- $200 Deposit ($125 nonrefundable, $75 refundable): Due with signed Housing Agreement
- Housing Fees for June 22-30: Due June 1st
- Housing Fees for July 1-31: Due July 1st
- Housing Fees for August 1-4: Due August 1st
- $75 Deposit Refund*: Within 30 days of check-out date
*If damages occur, the damage costs will be taken out of the deposit and only the difference, if any, will be refunded. If damages exceed the deposit amount, the balance will be charged back to the credit card account.
Please gather the following details & documents prior to completing the Internship Housing Application. All documents must be provided in the form of a clear and legible PDF file, or the application will be rejected.