Weddings & Civil Unions Policies & Procedures2018-01-03T12:23:27+00:00
Weddings at the University of Denver
Weddings Availability and Pricing
Policies and Procedures

Weddings – Policies and Procedures

The following is a basic summary of policies and procedures for events taking place on campus. This does not include all policies and it does not replace the Event Rental and Services Agreement (contract), which contains a detailed explanation of all policies and procedures.

To obtain availability and pricing please fill out the online request form or contact us at Once you have secured an Event Rental and Services Agreement (contract) you will be assigned an event manager who will assist you during the planning process.
Upon signing a contract, the following payment schedule applies:

Deposit: 50% of Total Upon signing the Agreement
2nd Payment: Balance 10 business days prior to Event
Balance of Final Invoice Within 30 days of receiving Final Invoice
All clients are required to secure a commercial general liability insurance policy for a minimum limit of $1 million per occurrence and $2 million in the aggregate, including coverage for fire damage of at least $300,000 per occurrence. The policy must be valid for the dates and times of the event, and include the University of Denver as an additional insured.

As evidence of such coverage, the client must provide the University with a certificate of insurance (COI) at least 30 days prior to the program start date.

If you do not have this type of insurance, you may purchase a Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP) through the University’s provider.

TULIP Instructions

  1. Visit
  2. Click on “Get a Quote” at the top.
  3. Select “Colorado” and under Location please choose “Colorado Seminary, which owns and operates the University of Denver.”
  4. Under Venue, select “4213 DU – Events” and click “Next.”
  5. Answer the questions as it applies to your event (such as date, attendance, type of event, etc.).
  6. A quote will be generated for you, at which point you may choose to purchase the policy with a credit card.
  7. Upon purchasing the policy, you will receive a copy of the certificate via email.
  8. Please be sure to email the certificate to your DU event manager.

If you experience any difficulties, please contact Andrew Stephenson, Risk Management, at 303-871-2354 or

The University requires one adult, acting in a supervisory capacity, for every 15 minors (guests under the age of 18) in attendance. This policy applies to all areas on campus, including (but not limited to) wedding venues, dressing rooms, and outdoor areas.
Wedding/Civil Union venue requests must be received no later than 30 days prior to the date needed and are subject to availability.

The venue booking start time is when the client, relatives, friends, staff or any vendors need to access the venue(s) for any event preparations. Similarly, the booking end time is when the client, relatives, friends, staff or any vendors have already vacated the facility. Clients must remove all signs, decorations, equipment and other items by the end of the scheduled move-out time.

Dressing Room
One (1) dressing room room will be provided on the ceremony date at no additional charge.

For ceremonies, a one-hour rehearsal may be scheduled prior to the ceremony date at no additional charge, based on availability.

Rehearsals will be scheduled on a tentative basis until 30 days prior to the ceremony date. The rehearsal date and time will be confirmed on a definite basis 30 days prior to the ceremony date.

Clients may not remodel, alter, tamper with or move furniture, electrical or mechanical fixtures, or other University property. The use of adhesives, nails, or items that may damage the premises are not allowed. Charges will be assessed on the Final Invoice for any damages to rooms, buildings, furniture, lawns and/or equipment.

Outside caterers are only allowed in certain locations and are subject to the University’s approval. We provide on-site catering services through DU Flavours by Sodexo.

Alcohol may only be served by a licensed bartender. Alcohol in catering-exclusive locations must be purchased from the entity owning the liquor license.

If the event takes place in a non-catering-exclusive location and it involves the sale of alcohol, the client will be responsible for securing a Special Event Liquor License through the City and County of Denver.

All vehicles on campus must display a valid parking permit issued by the University of Denver. Permits must be valid for the date, time, and specific parking lot where the vehicle is situated.

Please be sure to discuss parking options with your event manager.

It is both the client’s and the University’s responsibility to provide facility accommodations for guests with a disability or medical condition. Therefore, it is imperative that the client inform the University if any guests or potential guests are in need of such accommodations.

In some cases, the University may request additional information from the guest in order to determine appropriate measures.

It is the client’s sole responsibility and expense to provide disability or medical accommodations pertaining to the program or content of the event. If necessary, the University may provide the User with a list of providers of assistive services.

Candles & Fireworks
The use of candles on the University campus requires a Special Event Open Flame Permit issued by the City and County of Denver. Should the client wish to light candles, the client is responsible for securing this permit and providing a copy to the event manager 10 business days prior to the event.

The use of fireworks (including sparklers) is not allowed on the University of Denver campus.

Smoke-free Policy
The University of Denver campus is 100% smoke free. Smoking is not allowed indoors or outdoors on campus property; this does not apply to sidewalks or other public areas surrounding the campus.

Only animals trained to assist the disabled are allowed in University facilities.