Summer Conference Planning
The following information will be useful to keep handy during the conference planning process. For more information or if you have questions, please contact your assigned event manager at any time.
|2020 First Available Night||June 16th|
|2020 Last Available Night||August 10th|
|20% Deposit||Upon signing the Agreement|
|30% Second Payment||60 days prior to check-in|
|Certificate of Liability Insurance||60 days prior to check-in|
|Final Meeting Room Needs||30 days prior to check-in|
|Third Payment (Balance)||10 business days prior to check-in|
|Housing & Meal Guarantees||10 business days prior to check-in|
|Final Technology Needs||10 business days prior to check-in|
|Final Rooming List||5 business days prior to check-in|
|Final Payment||Within 30 days of receiving Final Invoice|
- Toiletries—Soap, shampoo, and other toiletries are not provided.
- Alarm clock/phone—Rooms are not equipped with an alarm clock or phone.
- Water bottle—Due to our dry climate and high altitude it is very important for guests to stay properly hydrated. Attendees can fill up their water bottle in one of the numerous hydration stations across campus.
- Sunscreen—Sunburns can happen easily in Colorado; we get over 300 days of sunshine each year!
- Weather protection—Although summers are generally warm and dry, guests should be prepared for unexpected weather or temperature changes by packing a light jacket, long pants, closed toe shoes, and a small umbrella.
- Cash & quarters—Vending machines and laundry rooms are coin-operated. Guests bringing a vehicle to campus may also need cash to purchase a parking permit.
- Laundry detergent—Guests staying for longer than a week are encouraged to bring detergent for their laundry needs, as well as quarters for the washers and driers.
- Fan—Although we have a limited number of fans available, guests staying in a non-air-conditioned residence hall are encouraged to bring their own fan whenever possible.
- All guests receive a linen packet that includes a pillow, blanket, sheets and towels.
- Guests staying for longer than one (1) week may exchange their sheets and towels ONCE each week. Pillows and blankets will not be exchanged.
- Guests will be responsible for depositing their used/dirty linens in a bin which will be located in a central location of the residence hall (varies by building).
- Clean sheets and towels may be collected from the same location.
Please review our Maps & Directions page as well.
The following address should should be used VERBATIM:
C/O DU Conference & Event Services
1745 S. High St.
Denver, CO 80210
WHAT TO DO WHEN
The University of Denver is committed to creating a safe environment at all times. Clients are encouraged to become familiar with the University’s Safety and Emergency Procedures. Faculty, staff, students, and visitors should contact Campus Safety for safety concerns and questions at all times. Please make note of the following important phone numbers:
Life Threatening Emergency: 911 then 303-871-3000
Campus Safety-Emergency: 303-871-3000
Campus Safety-Non-emergency: 303-871-2334
On-campus health services are not available for summer conference guests. The nearest hospital to the DU campus is:
Porter Adventist Hospital
2525 S. Downing St.
Denver, CO 80210